Current Job Opportunities
If you are interested in possible current or future opportunities with Miller Milling, please fill out our online application form.
Head Miller – Oakland, California
Finance Support Specialist – Bloomington, MN
Head Miller, EHS – Oakland, CA
Responsible for all facets of milling operations for the designated facility and provide oversight of Plant Maintenance and possibly other departments depending upon the location. The Head Miller will monitor and influence daily plant operations and customer satisfaction. Insure all operating decisions improve the profitability, quality, personnel safety and food safety of the Company.
- Ensure that daily productions meet all product, Quality and Food Safety standards and production schedules.
- Ensure efficient milling operations. Review mill ops, stream analysis, and other reports analyzing milling operation to determine performance. Assure that changeovers are made efficiently with minimum loss of extraction and capacity.
- Evaluate roll feed and sifter streams on a regular and routine basis to ensure effective operations. Periodically testing, sift break scalps for carryover and checking balance between sifter boxes.
- Examine daily the operation of the cleaning house equipment for proper operation. Especially check for millable wheat lost to screenings.
- Monitor and Influence Grain Quality and low cost wheat mix makeups
- Work closely with the mill crew explaining changes and why they were made. Show the crew how the mill is to be set and explain why.
- Determine the correct settings for all roller mills.
- Run cumulative ash curves as requested. Obtain samples so appropriate analysis and information on the data sheet can be completed.
- Responsible for ensuring that the proper streams are being selected per the most recent stream analysis. Post the ash curve. Know which streams are directed to clear and know the patent and clear percentages.
- Ensure inventories are maintained such as sifter supplies, filter socks, spare rolls.
- Responsible for implementation & upkeep of various regulatory programs – federal, state & local.
- Dealing directly with Outside Contractors during onsite visits.
- Help Plant Manager with future projects that need identified.
- Insure subordinates are managed, led, evaluated and reviewed in a manner that is consistent and maintain relationships with respect.
- Provide management oversight of the mill when the plant manager is not onsite.
- Responsible for a yearly budget in their Department along with other expense departments that are indirectly related.
- Working closely with Maintenance Manager on Mill maintenance related areas.
- Implement company policies and procedures & insure those policies and procedures are followed
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Milling Science, or related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 year experience as head miller or equivalent related milling experience
- Willing and able to be on call at all hours for plant issues
- Demonstrates effective Communication Skills – written and verbal
- Willing and able to work with wheat products i.e. no wheat /gluten sensitivity
- Willing and able to work in a team environment for the success of the plant
Finance Support Specialist – Bloomington, MN
The Finance Support Specialist is responsible for providing excellent service to customers and office staff by managing an efficient, well-organized front desk, answering the main phone line, greeting vendors and visitors, maintaining office systems, ordering office supplies, and assisting the Accounting Department and other departments with various duties.
- Order office supplies, mailroom supplies, office furniture, beverages and other kitchen supplies as needed, working with competitive companies to ensure that we receive the lowest prices.
- Maintain office machinery (copiers, printers, kitchen appliances, etc.), arranging for prompt repair / maintenance when one of the office systems is not functioning properly.
- Monitor the postage meter, ensuring that the machine has adequate funds and that any maintenance issues are attended to in a timely manner.
- Cater meals for special meetings held at the office, company events, and all-office lunches.
- Manage kitchen cleaning schedule, alerting the appropriate departments when it is their week to clean.
- Maintain a neat, well-organized, visually appealing reception area.
- Keep the mailroom and office supply closets neat and organized.
- Check copy machines nightly to ensure the paper reservoirs are filled.
- Promptly answer all incoming calls through the main phone line in a professional, friendly, helpful manner, transferring calls to the appropriate people and departments without delay.
- Receive all vendors and office visitors in a cheerful, friendly, welcoming manner.
- Provide daily entry of collections and deposits into the accounting system.
- Provide assistance with miscellaneous filing and other accounting projects.
- Provide backup accounting support as needed.
- Arrange courier services for local shipments to and from the corporate office.
- Process all overnight shipments and ensure adequate supplies.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to all headquarter employees.
- Perform other duties and assist with other company department projects, as requested.
- High school diploma or GED; some college coursework preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year customer service or office reception experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrating a positive attitude and a willingness to help others.
- A pleasant, upbeat phone manner – friendly, helpful, courteous, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office systems (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills and great follow through
- Ability to work independently
- Basic mathematical knowledge – the ability to add, subtract, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.